I finally came around to update this basket! I’ve had this basket for years: I love the shape and the wicker, but the oil stains always bothered me so much, even if they hid under a doily or a cloth.
The tools I needed were:
- Wicker tray/basket
- Acrylic paints in pastels and cool hues
- White glue (or varnish) to seal the work. You can of course use Mod Podge to seal the work
- Water to clean the brushes in between colors
So, what I did was basically the following:
- I wiped the basket clean with a wet cloth
- Applied a coat or more of white acrylic paint, and I deliberately made an imperfect job, hoping to achieve a “shabby chic” effect
- Painted little rosettes with pink and white acrylic paints, and I used a vintage green for the leaves
- Once the paint was dry, I sealed the work surface with white wood glue.
And that’s it, basically.
I’m planning to post a tutorial soon on how to paint those lovely rosettes. It’s a mind-blowing-ly simple technique, you’ll feel like a master of arts when you get the hang of it.
Ok, folks, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Cheers
This post participated in this link party: