I have great news to share with you today…
My pillows are being sold at Ohh Deer up until October 29. So grab your Paypals and come shop for some botanical pillow love!
Check these two links to take you directly to the pillows:
The image on the pillows is originally hand-painted. I used water-colour, acrylic, and ink over old book pages to create the look.
The pillows are Vegan and made with a super soft faux suede and come complete with the fibre insert. They’re completely machine washable at 30°c and hand made In UK. The cushion has a stone coloured back cover – and zip fastening. They measure 43 x 43cm a smashing size! They cost £25 each.
This is my first online sale ever. I have been active in craft shows, but kept on postponing taking the online plunge. So, I’m really excited about this! The pillows are a limited edition and are being sold for a limited time: 3 weeks starting yesterday. So, don’t miss out on this special sale!
Happy shopping, all :)
I have been patiently tidying up – & crafting – my work space. I finally got around to put together a nice mood corner & desk. Here is a little glimpse.
I see myself as organizationally-challenged, but I am slowly & very patiently learning how to put everything in its place. You have no idea what this used to look like… and, em, no, I don’t think sharing a “before” photo is a good idea (ehem)… believe me, imagine the worst ciaos and that would be “it” – hehe!
The challenge in putting together this atelier is that almost everything is handmade, and so it took some time to finish creating. The handmade items are:
- Mood board (right): I used burlap, which I glued (using glue gun) on a piece of cardboard, and added the ribbon. At the bottom I stuck a piece of cork behind the ribbons.
- Chicken wire mood board (left): I basically rolled some chicken wire around an old canvas frame, that I actually had since school. I didn’t staple or glue anything, just scrunched it round the frame.
- Thumbtacks: Made those using several materials… including coins. Added a dab of E6000 to plain tacks and glued on some coins, plastic things from broken things, a bear’s face…
- Chicken-wire lampshade, which I shared in a previous post right here.
- Other handmade items are: White wire basket (for the pencils) and a mini wire-sculpted chair. Mini Chalkboard and chalkboard stand (a tutorial is on it’s way, hopefully!). Mini wire birdcage. Hand-painted tins (the ones under the lamp). Handmade flower magnets (using corn flour dough). Cement votive (it’s next to the tins, which are under the lamp). The botanical watercolor sketches are also mine. And other stuff.
- Handmade bunting: Recycling old fliers I had into rectangle bunting, and there’s the mini paper flower garland, too.
So basically a bit of recycling, painting, and re-styling, went into there. What helped to tie the whole look together is the neutral shades of burlap, wood, and cork. As for the theme, I went for a bit of British-chic in celebration of the Olympics.
Please do share links to your mood-boards, ateliers, or craft rooms if you feel like it.
Have a lovely day