Feather jewelry is all the rage right now. I love boho jewelry, and so I decided to make a few feathery giveaways for 5 cute teenage girls who volunteered to help out at the Italian Charity event mentioned in a previous post.
I made this Karboojeh Blue Boho Feather Pendant Necklace in honor of my bohemian adolescence… that’s when I was more free to express my boho self. I doubt many people in the country I am in right now appreciate feather jewelry. Bohemian doesn’t seem to strike a chord with a lot of people who would rather wear either tacky plastic jewelry, or diamonds. No bohos in between. Alas!
DIY Recipe: A few ingredients for a boho necklace
The feather necklaces in the 3 pictures above are pretty DIY, I used the following materials to make them:
- craft wire (to wrap the top of the feathers together before inserting them into the bead cap)
- findings: Eye-pin. I wrapped the craft wire around the feathers several times, then wrapped and wrapped around an eye-pin which went through the top of the bead cap. There, I used the round-nose pliers to create a loop, which I then attached to another eye-pin that had several beads on it.
- metallic elongated bead cap
- beads (wooden, ceramic, glass)
- pliers (round nose, and flat-nose)
- findings: small jump-ring to connect the feather pendant to the chain.
Inspiration: Anthropologie & the feather
Pretty neat, right? It’s called the Feather Flight Necklace. I love the rosary-like beads attached to the feathery pendant; they look very nice with the white feathers. The beads are an assortment of ebony, white, turquoise & aquamarine gemstones. And the general feel of the necklace is quite bohemian.
Karboojeh Tutorials & DIY